- Séjour en Uttar Pradesh en Inde du Nord
- Voyage en Uttar Pradesh en Inde du Nord
- Agence de voyage en Uttar Pradesh en Inde du Nord
7 good reasons to Travel to Uttar Pradesh in 2016-2017
- Follow the footsteps of the Emperor Akbar while you visit his gigantic mausoleum at Sikandra and the abandoned capital of Fatehpur Sikri.
- Make a gastronomic break in Lucknow where the Muslim influence have given birth to a unique Lucknowi cuisine comprising scrumptious kebabs and mouthwatering biryanis.
- Back to the origins of Buddhism in retracing the major stages in the life of Buddha from Sravasti, Kushinagar, Lumbini near the Nepal border to Bodhgaya in neighboring state of Bihar.
- Cruise on the Ganges and look for river dolphin dubbed as the South Asian river dolphin, which is an endangered species today.
- Meet with tens of millions of pilgrims at the Maha Kumbh Mela of Allahabad, the largest human gathering in the world in a mystical atmosphere that you can discover during your trip to North India.
- Freeze your time in Varanasi while observing the vivid rituals of the ghats (river bank) beside the sacred river and enjoying one of the most beautiful sunrises that India can offer.
- Stop for a visit to a monument known worldwide as the symbol of eternal love: the Taj Mahal.
Holidays to Uttar Pradesh in Agra, Varanasi and Allahabad
Uttar Pradesh, translated as The Northern Province, is a state located in the Northern part of India, below the foothills of the Himalayas. A sojourn to this state will unearth some of the greatest treasures and tourist attractions of India, spanning heritage, religions, cultures and people.
Places of interest to visit during a trip to Uttar Pradesh
There is probably no person on this earth who has not heard about the tale of Shahjahan and his wife Mumtaz. Shahjahan, a Mughal emperor in India before the reign of the British, got the greatest testament ever built in the memory of his wife. The iconic symbol of eternal love, the Taj Mahal, rests in all its glory in the city of Agra in Uttar Pradesh. This spectacular and inimitable monument, made entirely of white marble, is one of the only Seven Wonders of the World in India. Apart from the Taj, Agra boasts many relics of cultural heritage, particularly from the glorious Mughal era. Fatehpur Sikri, also known as the Ghost Town not far from Agra, is the remains of an erstwhile glorious city. Its ruins and relics will haunt as well as charm any traveller.
Uttar Pradesh tour will take you to Varanasi, the holy city of Hindus which is also known as one of the oldest living cities of the world. This pilgrimage land is sprawled along the banks of the sacred River Ganges, which is considered to be the lifeline of North India. The Ganges is worshipped as the incarnation of a goddess and Varanasi is at the center of this fervor. Take a boat ride on this holy river, and watch the sacred rituals and customs performed by priests on the colourful Ghats of this mystical city. Just 11 kms northeast of Varanasi is the little sleepy village of Sarnath, the place where Lord Buddha gave its first sermon about Buddhism to his five favorite disciples.
From Varanasi, one can descend upon Allahabad, another religious center. It is in this city that the Ganges and Yamuna rivers blend together in a breathtaking confluence and become one. Every three years, visitors can visit the Kumbh Mela, heralded as the largest peaceful gathering in the world, which attracts millions of Hindu pilgrims from across the world. A holidays to Uttar Pradesh can also take you to the capital city, Lucknow, known for its mouthwatering kebabs and succulent cuisine.
Apart from other tours in North India, Shanti Travel designs tailor made Uttar Pradesh Tours. Our trip can take you to all of these destinations, assisted by your own personal Uttar Pradesh travel guide.
Our suggestions for tailor-made tours to Uttar Pradesh
North India | 9 days
Uttar Pradesh | 16 days
West Bengal | 14 days
Uttar Pradesh | 14 days