- agence de voyage inde du sud
- agence locale inde du sud
- partir en inde du sud
7 reasons to travel to Pondicherry in 2016 – 2017
- A pleasant place to discover on foot, enjoy the breeze blowing on the promenade Beach Road prior to a guided Shanti Walk tour that will take you through the history of the city through its lanes and alleys.
- The opportunity to take a break from South Indian dishes and taste some European cuisine during your stay in Pondicherry.
- A visit to the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, founded by the renowned guru and Mirra Alfassa, an intriguing face nicknamed “Mother."
- The charm of the French Quarter where quiet streets and historical buildings magnify the relaxed atmosphere of these places.
- Traditional Tamil houses, old colonial mansions, sea facing hotels or eco lodges scattered in nature will make your stay memorable.
- The Matrimandir in Auroville, an experimental city where people of all backgrounds live together in harmony and autonomy.
- Crafts, clothing markets and Indian designer shops: when traveling in South India, shopaholics find it difficult to resist the call of Pondicherry!
An erstwhile French colony, the union territory of Pondicherry still exudes a charming French aura which captivates any traveler that comes to it shores. One of the most popular holiday destinations in South India, Pondicherry is dotted with artistic colonial buildings, French promenades, beautiful churches and virgin beaches. The concoction of its expatriate community, Tamil culture and Portuguese heritage lends the city a mesmerizing halo.
On a trip to Pondicherry, there are many tourist attractions to enjoy. The beaches of Pondicherry are pristine and rocky. The city is well known for the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, which bestows a spiritual charm. Auroville or the City of Dawn is an observational colony located 8 km from Pondicherry, where men and women live in peace and reformist harmony, above all distinctions.
Design your customized Pondicherry tour with Shanti Travel experts.
Our suggestions for tailor-made tours to Pondicherry
South India | 24 days
Tamil Nadu | 8 days
> An opulent tour on one of the most luxurious trains traversing South India, The Golden Chariot
> Travel through the finest destinations in South India on the wheels of luxury
> Experience culture, religion, heritage, and natural beauty in the jewels of Southern India
South India | 11 days