Responsible travel is traveling in a way that is respectful of the local people and nature while contributing to the economy of the country visited.
Some tips for a responsible trip to Indonesia:
- Do not take plastic wrappings or other articles that you will throw away in the destination.
- Use a bamboo or metal straw and systematically refuse plastic straws.
- For your purchases, use a cloth bag and refuse the plastic bags
- When travelling, don't bring the following items in your luggage:
- Animals or plants in danger of extinction or which may be carrying diseases (Example: turtles, corals or banana trees).
- Products from animals such as crocodile teeth necklaces and turtle shell bracelets
- Sand and shells
- Counterfeit products
- Regarding tobacco and alcohol please refer to the legislation of your destination country
- Bring your own refillable water bottle rather than using disposable water bottles (89 billion bottles of plastic water are sold each year around the world, a plastic bottle takes 450 years to disappear from the earth's surface).
- Respect the local customs.
- Follow the advice of your Indonesia Travel Expert and participate in activities related to the preservation of traditions