In Myanmar, 80 million plastic bags are used every day and nearly 1,790 tons of waste are generated daily in the Yangon area, 10% of which is made of plastic, so we must take extra care to limit our waste especially in these vulnerable areas. In addition to the ecological aspect, responsible travel is also about respecting the traditions and customs of the destination.
Some tips for a responsible trip to Burma:
- Do not take plastic wrappings or other articles that you will throw away in the destination.
- Use a bamboo or metal straw and systematically refuse plastic straws
- For your purchases, use a cloth bag and refuse the plastic bags.
- Bring your own refillable water bottle rather than using disposable water bottles (89 billion bottles of plastic water are sold each year around the world, a plastic bottle takes 450 years to disappear from the earth's surface).
- Respect the local customs.
- Follow the advice of your Burma Travel Expert and participate in activities related to the preservation of traditions.