- Agence de voyage au Bengale Occidental en Inde du Nord
- Séjour au Bengale Occidental en Inde du Nord
- Voyage au Bengal Occidentale en Inde du Nord
7 good reasons to travel to West Bengal in 2016-2017
- To honor the Bengali cuisine famous for its fish curries and many sweets that the whole country loves.
- Go for a tour of West Bengal to soak up the unique atmosphere of Calcutta and sneak through the crowd chasing their dream in the streets where the colonial era left a big impression through its architectural style.
- Board a boat between India and Bangladesh in the Sundarbans where the population is living with the tides and wildlife of the mangroves.
- From the Himalayas to the Bay of Bengal, go from one extreme to another to praise the beauty of vivid landscapes of West Bengal.
- Without doubt it is the best place to travel in India to be at the heart of the festivities of Durga Puja and to do pandal hopping in the city.
- Explore Darjeeling and the Gorkhaland region and have the feeling of visiting a new country with similar people and culture that you will experience while traveling to Nepal and Bhutan.
- Deviate from the beaten track and discover places that few travelers are aware, such as Chandannagar, the temples of Bishnupur or Shantiniketan, a samll town established by Rabindranath Tagore himself.
Trip to West Bengal and Darjeeling
West Bengal, contrary to its name, is a state located on the east side of India. The fourth most populous state in the country, its capital is Kolkata, formerly known as Calcutta. West Bengal has been noted for its rich cultural activities, tourist attractions and heritage. Kolkata is known as the Cultural Capital of India, owing to its fervent festivals, museums, educational institutions and performing arts. The city boasts of diverse folk traditions and has birthed several notable writers, musicians and artists, including the Nobel-laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
How to plan tours to West Bengal and Darjeeling?
One of the best times to visit the vibrant city of Kolkata on a West Bengal tour is in the month of October, when the Hindus celebrate the grand festival of Durga Puja. This festival, although celebrated throughout the country in many forms, takes on a behemoth shape in Kolkata. The unmatched fervor, energy, colors and emotions can be overwhelming for any tourist to West Bengal. An unforgettable festival, Shanti Travel can craft a unique customized tour that will allow you to soak in the authentic atmosphere of this celebration.
Apart from the cultural richness of Kolkata, a tour to West Bengal can take you to many other exotic destinations. The hill station of Darjeeling is an extremely popular tourist spot. Amidst vast lush tea plantations, waterfalls, magnificent views of the Kanchengjunga, and misty mountains, this former British colony still exudes a charming British aura. Located on the banks of Mahananda River in the foothills of the Himalayas in the Darjeeling district, Siliguri is an enigmatic region enveloped in dense forests. The lush town of Gangtok, located in the state of Sikkim, is not too far from West Bengal.
The Sunderbans National Park is an oasis of bountiful wildlife and verdure where the land merges with the sea at the southernmost tip of West Bengal. An almost impregnable stretch of mangrove forest on the world’s largest delta, this designated UNESCO World Heritage Site boasts of being home to the legendary and majestic Royal Bengal Tiger. The allure of this enigmatic sanctuary is too strong to avoid.
Shanti travel can help design an unforgettable trip to West Bengal. Contact us today for a free quote.
Our suggestions for tailor-made tours to West Bengal
West Bengal | 11 days
West Bengal | 14 days