- agence de voyage inde du sud
- agence locale inde du sud
- partir en inde du sud
7 reasons to plan your Tamil Nadu tour in 2016-2017
- Stroll in the temple of Meenakshi in Madurai, undoubtedly the most emblematic monument of South India with its exuberant gopurams decked with countless colorful statues.
- Meet the Tamils, who are proud of their ancient culture and which is remarkably a different language compared to the languages spoken in the rest of the country.
- A tour of Tamil Nadu will acquaint you with an amazing historical heritage and temples that are completely different from others which you will find at the time of your holidays to South India.
- Visit Kanyakumari, the southernmost tip of India where the Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea Meet. This tip of India is also known as Cape Comorin.
- Plan a trip to Tamil Nadu in January and celebrate the harvest festival known as Pongal. It is a time the mega celebrations and feasts.
- Leave the heat of the plains to find fresh Nilgiri Mountains and enjoy the rolling tea plantations of Ooty.
- When traveling in South India a visit to the Chettinad will take you to the splendid palatial mansions built by the wealthy merchants of Tamil Nadu, the Chettiars.
Travel to Tamil Nadu and Chennai
Tamil Nadu is many things, but it most definitely is the cultural center of South India. Speckled with ancient temples and relics, overflowing with bountiful nature and wildlife, and brimming with performing arts and culture, Tamil Nadu is an ethnic behemoth. The temples of this state are renowned for their artistic beauty, intricate design and unique architecture. The cities of Madurai, Trichy, Thanjavur, Mahabalipuram and Chidambaram boast exquisite temples. The Meenakshi Amman Temple is one of the most historic temples in India, situated in Madurai.
Trip and Holidays in Tamil Nadu
Once you satiate your thirst for heritage, you can head to the misty air and cascades of the Nilgiri Hills. Enjoy some wildlife in the Mudumalai National Park, a declared Tiger Reserve on the northwestern part of the Nilgiri Hills. A Tamil Nadu tour is incomplete without discovering the tourist destinations of Ooty, Kodaikanal and Coonoor. Ooty carries the sobriquet ‘Queen of Hill Stations’, and is one of the most popular hill stations in South India. Another charming hill resort, Kodaikanal is nestled amongst verdant beauty, waterfalls and a picturesque lake. Culminate your travel experience in the undulating and lush tea farms of Coonoor.
For travel advice and to book your customized trips and holidays to Tamil Nadu, contact Shanti Travel today. Browse through our existing programs below or create your very own Tamil Nadu tour.
Our suggestions for tailor-made tours to Tamil Nadu
South India | 15 days
South India | 24 days
Tamil Nadu | 8 days
> An opulent tour on one of the most luxurious trains traversing South India, The Golden Chariot
> Travel through the finest destinations in South India on the wheels of luxury
> Experience culture, religion, heritage, and natural beauty in the jewels of Southern India
Tamil Nadu | 8 days