- voyage en inde
- voyage sur mesure en inde
- agence de voyage en inde
7 Reasons to Travel to India in 2016/2017
- A continent within a country, where in every 500 kilometers people speak a different language, follow unique culture and have distinct beliefs. Your holidays to India will acquaint you with its incomprehensible diversity, vibrant colors and the striking mix of people.
- Curiosity, kindness and hospitality of the people will make your travel experience an unforgettable journey. It cannot be explained, it must be experienced.
- India is about discovering the oldest civilization of the world through its history and ancient monuments rooted with enormous saga of love, faith and wars.
- Come to India for spiritual quest! Being a birthplace of different religion and religious philosophies this country has helped travelers to get in touch with their spiritual self.
- An internationally renowned gastronomy which is as diverse as the country itself. Food in India is all about an array of mouthwatering dishes enhanced with exquisite spices. Enrich your taste buds with the famous Butter chicken, Dal Bati Churma, Biryani, Kebabs, Dosa and Momos while you travel to India.
- It is a melting pot of rich bio-diversity that inspired authors like Rudyard Kipling to pen down classic called The Jungle Book. A tailor made trips to India to explore its dense jungles is an opportunity to see endangered species like Royal Bengal Tigers, One Horned Rhinoceros, Snow Leopards and Red Pandas in the wild.
- Indian calendar is full of festivals known for its elaborate and colorful practice. This country of billion, belonging to different cultural background is famous for its festival fervor. Trip to India during Diwali (festival of light), Holi (festival of color), Dussehra, Kumbha Mela and the pushkar fair will leave a traveler awestruck.
Holidays to India
Shanti Travel is a travel agency based locally in New Delhi and Pondicherry. The global team of Travel Experts will share their experiences and knowledge of the country to create your tailor made trips to India...
Travel to India - a Microcosm of the World
Holidays to India are an unforgettable and rewarding experience, especially for those who wish to seek something different from their daily humdrum. A conventional trip to India has many essentials such as the Taj Mahal, the palaces of Rajasthan or the backwaters of Kerala. However, this grand country has much more to offer and each of its regions deserves a visit. A lifetime of holidays to India would not be enough to unravel and understand the country in its entirety and diversity. From North to South and from West to East, an Indian tour will house a variety of cultures and unparalleled landscapes, ensuring that every traveller will find a dream destination for each of its trips.
Do you love trips in the great outdoors or are you enthusiastic about Buddhism? Well look no further than the Indian Himalayas, the northernmost part of the country. The trekking circuits and mountain trails in this region provide travellers with a truly magnificent platform to view majestic peaks and experience authentic encounters that leave an indelible mark. The summer season from May to September is the perfect time to visit Ladakh and the other Himalayan destinations.
Tours to North India will enthrall travellers seeking cultural discovery among the remnants of historical civilizations. Sages & Yoga ashrams in the Himalayan foothills of Rishikesh, princely palaces and ancient forts of the Rajputs in Rajasthan, colonial heritage of Calcutta, erotic stone temples of Khajuraho… Travelling to North India is the perfect introduction to a huge part of the Indian culture. Curious travellers who wish to venture off the beaten track can visit lesser known but equally enchanting destinations such as the salt desert of Gujarat or the ethnic tribal communities of the Far East. The best time to visit North India is from October to April.
Do you want to travel to India in search of lush greenery and a gentler way of life? Southern India is the perfect destination for you. Deemed to be "softer" than its Northern counterpart, this region offers the beauty of its beaches (Goa, Kerala, and Andaman Islands), extraordinary mountains of Western Ghats and intricate heritage temples. On your trips from Mumbai to the Andaman Islands, experience mouthwatering coastal food, smiling locals, exuberant nature and the relaxing pleasures of Ayurveda. To thoroughly enjoy the South, it is best visited in the mild temperatures of winter, from November to March.
Contact our specialists in India to create your tailor made trip to India!
Also check out our festival calendar to plan your holidays to India according to the Indian holidays!
India at a Glance
Capital: New Delhi
Area: 3,287,263 km ²
Population: 1.237 billion people (2012 census), with a density of 382 inhabitants / km ²
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
Number of States: 29
- Number of Union Territories: 7
Life expectancy: 65.48 years
Literacy rate: 74.04%
Currency: Indian Rupee
Languages: 22 official including English, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, Kashmiri, Marathi, Punjabi and Bengali.
Religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Sikhism, Christianity, Jainism.
Our suggestions for tailor-made tours to India
Rajasthan | 8 days
South India | 14 days
South India | 13 days
Rajasthan | 6 days
Tamil Nadu | 8 days
North India | 9 days
Ladakh-Zanskar | 14 days
> The extraordinary hospitality of Ladakhis
> An easily accessible and authentic cultural discovery
> An ideal itinerary to approach the world of Ladakhis and their cultural & natural heritage
> Landscapes with no boundaries where one feels close to the stars